International Student Admission Information
The Covenant Preparatory School values diversity and is pleased to offer international students desiring an education in the United States the opportunity to attend Covenant. Covenant‘s admission process is selective, our academic standards are high and international students are held to the same expectations as their American classmates. Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English is essential for an international student.
Admission is open to International Students entering grades 8, 9, 10, and 11. Students at lower grade levels may apply if living with a relative already residing in the United States.
Please note that Covenant does not provide housing, transportation, host homes, medical insurance or English as a second language for international students.
Resources and Links
- Student F-1 Visa Information
- International Student Guide
- Covenant Admission Policy for International Students
- Application for Admission
- ISEE Information
International Student Tuition and Fees
Application Fee – $575 (Non-Refundable)
International Student Registration Fee – $2,500.00*
*This registration fee must be paid once the student’s visa application has been approved.
Annual Tuition Rates:
- 9th – 12th Grades – $14,900
- 7th – 8th Grades – $14,600
Student Visa General Information
Covenant is a SEVP-approved school and is authorized to issue a Form I-20 for students that meet the requirements for admission and demonstrate English language proficiency through a virtual interview. TOEFL or IELTS score report may be required. Proficiency in reading and writing in English is required.
For comprehensive information on studying in the United States, F-1 Visa requirements, and applicable fees, please visit the Student and Exchange Visitor (SEVIS) website.
Steps for Admission
- Submit an Application for Admission and pay the application fee (non-refundable).
- Admission testing:
- All students applying for admission at Covenant must take the ISEE exam.
- The ISEE is available internationally. For more information and to find a location near you, please visit the ISEE website. If there is not a school in your area that offers ISEE testing, check for a Prometric Testing location near you. International listings begin on page 8.
- International students may be asked to provide a recent TOEFL or IELTS score report.
- Submit the following documents. All documents must be translated into English.
- Copy of current passport
- Copy of transcript
- Copy of current and previous year grade report
- Teacher Recommendation Forms:
- Copy of Immunization Record
- Optional Documents:
- Additional teacher letters of recommendations
- Additional school records, testing, personal achievements
- Family Interview (will be conducted via Zoom or Google Meets if the student is overseas).
- Upon completion of the steps above, an admission decision will be issued by the Admission Director via email.
- If an Offer of Admission is extended, enrollment instructions will be included in the offer letter. The enrollment forms must be completed online before the Form I-20 will be issued. The Offer of Admission will also include instructions to set up a Tuition Account to pay the International Student Registration Fee.
- The I-20 form will be sent to the student via Fed-Ex or via email, depending on SEVIS rules after the enrollment forms have been submitted. The form may also be picked up from the Covenant Admission Office by appointment.
- Once the student has been granted an F-1 Visa, notify Covenant’s Director of Admission. You will then receive instructions for the registration fee and tuition payments.
- Families must submit a copy of the I-134 Affidavit of Support and required supporting documentation to Covenant for the student’s admission file. This is required by SEVIS.
- Provide Covenant a copy of the Guardianship Agreement authorizing the host family to act on behalf of the student in all school matters, illness, and other matters concerning the well-being of the student while under the care of the host family.
Covenant does not provide host family services for international students. If searching for a host family, you may want to explore agencies that assist with matching students with local families. If you use an agency, it is important that they are aware of our location. Covenant is located in Kingwood, a suburb of Houston, Texas. The Houston area is quite large and public transportation to Kingwood is limited. You will need to be sure that the host family lives within reasonable driving distance of the school.
One company that our students have used in the past is American Homestay Network.
Please carefully evaluate any agency that you consider before you contract with an agent to assist you in locating a host family.
International students must purchase insurance while in the United States. It is up to the student’s family to purchase insurance from a provider of your choice.